Commander of Belarussian Air Force taken to custody
Minsk: Commander of the Belarussian Air Force, Major General Igor Azaryonok has been taken to custody for alleged corruption, the Belarussian Interior Ministry said.
According to the Ministry`s information department, Gen Azaryonok is charged with gross bribe taking.
"A pretrial restriction measure in the form of custody has been chosen for him," a spokesman for the information department said yesterday.
"Also, charges have been issued to the general`s accomplice, who is a Russian citizen, and he is staying under arrest, too, right now," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics