Commanders authorised to respond to attacks: Iran
Tehran: The spokesman for Iran`s armed forces says military commanders have been given the authority to respond immediately to enemy attacks.
Gen Masoud Jazayeri also says Iran keeps "all options are on the table", language similar to that used by US President Barack Obama to leave open the possibility of military action against Iran`s nuclear program.
Obama told Israel`s Channel 2 TV Thursday that Washington still prefers diplomacy over force, but that a nuclear Iran is a "red line."
Jazayeri didn`t elaborate. His comments were posted today on sepahnews.Com, the website of Iran`s Revolutionary Guard, the country`s most powerful military force.
Obama said Iran is about a year away from developing a nuclear weapon. Tehran denies it is pursuing weapons technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details