Commanders authorised to respond to attacks: Iran
Tehran: The spokesman for Iran`s armed forces says military commanders have been given the authority to respond immediately to enemy attacks.
Gen Masoud Jazayeri also says Iran keeps "all options are on the table", language similar to that used by US President Barack Obama to leave open the possibility of military action against Iran`s nuclear program.
Obama told Israel`s Channel 2 TV Thursday that Washington still prefers diplomacy over force, but that a nuclear Iran is a "red line."
Jazayeri didn`t elaborate. His comments were posted today on sepahnews.Com, the website of Iran`s Revolutionary Guard, the country`s most powerful military force.
Obama said Iran is about a year away from developing a nuclear weapon. Tehran denies it is pursuing weapons technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'