Commanders authorised to respond to attacks: Iran
Tehran: The spokesman for Iran`s armed forces says military commanders have been given the authority to respond immediately to enemy attacks.
Gen Masoud Jazayeri also says Iran keeps "all options are on the table", language similar to that used by US President Barack Obama to leave open the possibility of military action against Iran`s nuclear program.
Obama told Israel`s Channel 2 TV Thursday that Washington still prefers diplomacy over force, but that a nuclear Iran is a "red line."
Jazayeri didn`t elaborate. His comments were posted today on sepahnews.Com, the website of Iran`s Revolutionary Guard, the country`s most powerful military force.
Obama said Iran is about a year away from developing a nuclear weapon. Tehran denies it is pursuing weapons technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test