Commanders authorised to respond to attacks: Iran
Tehran: The spokesman for Iran`s armed forces says military commanders have been given the authority to respond immediately to enemy attacks.
Gen Masoud Jazayeri also says Iran keeps "all options are on the table", language similar to that used by US President Barack Obama to leave open the possibility of military action against Iran`s nuclear program.
Obama told Israel`s Channel 2 TV Thursday that Washington still prefers diplomacy over force, but that a nuclear Iran is a "red line."
Jazayeri didn`t elaborate. His comments were posted today on sepahnews.Com, the website of Iran`s Revolutionary Guard, the country`s most powerful military force.
Obama said Iran is about a year away from developing a nuclear weapon. Tehran denies it is pursuing weapons technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM