Committed to `one country, two systems`: China
Hong Kong: President Hu Jintao has said that the Chinese government remains committed to the principles of "one country, two systems", "Hong Kong people administering Hong Kong", and a high degree of autonomy.
Speaking at the inaugural ceremony of the government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), Hu expressed the central government`s full support to HKSAR government and the chief executive, China Daily reported Sunday.
The Chinese president, undertaking his third visit to Hong Kong, arrived here Friday for the 15th anniversary to mark the Hong Kong city`s return to China from British sovereignty and the swearing-in ceremony of the new government.
Hu said over the past 15 years, Hong Kong achieved remarkable progress despite setbacks from a crippling regional financial crisis, deadly epidemics and a global financial crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- GST an example of how big tasks can be done if parties work together: PM Modi
- People forget celebrities are also human beings: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time