Committed to `one country, two systems`: China
Hong Kong: President Hu Jintao has said that the Chinese government remains committed to the principles of "one country, two systems", "Hong Kong people administering Hong Kong", and a high degree of autonomy.
Speaking at the inaugural ceremony of the government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), Hu expressed the central government`s full support to HKSAR government and the chief executive, China Daily reported Sunday.
The Chinese president, undertaking his third visit to Hong Kong, arrived here Friday for the 15th anniversary to mark the Hong Kong city`s return to China from British sovereignty and the swearing-in ceremony of the new government.
Hu said over the past 15 years, Hong Kong achieved remarkable progress despite setbacks from a crippling regional financial crisis, deadly epidemics and a global financial crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold price soars by Rs 250 to Rs 30,900 per 10 grams
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for six militants
- Pakistani court allows examination of boat used by 26/11 attack terrorists
- Russia says starts humanitarian operation in Syria's Aleppo
- No Chinese incursion along Uttarakhand, only transgression: Manohar Parrikar