Committed to `one country, two systems`: China
Hong Kong: President Hu Jintao has said that the Chinese government remains committed to the principles of "one country, two systems", "Hong Kong people administering Hong Kong", and a high degree of autonomy.
Speaking at the inaugural ceremony of the government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), Hu expressed the central government`s full support to HKSAR government and the chief executive, China Daily reported Sunday.
The Chinese president, undertaking his third visit to Hong Kong, arrived here Friday for the 15th anniversary to mark the Hong Kong city`s return to China from British sovereignty and the swearing-in ceremony of the new government.
Hu said over the past 15 years, Hong Kong achieved remarkable progress despite setbacks from a crippling regional financial crisis, deadly epidemics and a global financial crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'