Committed to `one country, two systems`: China
Hong Kong: President Hu Jintao has said that the Chinese government remains committed to the principles of "one country, two systems", "Hong Kong people administering Hong Kong", and a high degree of autonomy.
Speaking at the inaugural ceremony of the government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), Hu expressed the central government`s full support to HKSAR government and the chief executive, China Daily reported Sunday.
The Chinese president, undertaking his third visit to Hong Kong, arrived here Friday for the 15th anniversary to mark the Hong Kong city`s return to China from British sovereignty and the swearing-in ceremony of the new government.
Hu said over the past 15 years, Hong Kong achieved remarkable progress despite setbacks from a crippling regional financial crisis, deadly epidemics and a global financial crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state