Committed to `one country, two systems`: China
Hong Kong: President Hu Jintao has said that the Chinese government remains committed to the principles of "one country, two systems", "Hong Kong people administering Hong Kong", and a high degree of autonomy.
Speaking at the inaugural ceremony of the government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), Hu expressed the central government`s full support to HKSAR government and the chief executive, China Daily reported Sunday.
The Chinese president, undertaking his third visit to Hong Kong, arrived here Friday for the 15th anniversary to mark the Hong Kong city`s return to China from British sovereignty and the swearing-in ceremony of the new government.
Hu said over the past 15 years, Hong Kong achieved remarkable progress despite setbacks from a crippling regional financial crisis, deadly epidemics and a global financial crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head