Communist Party of China`s plenum begins
Beijing: A key meeting of the Communist Party of China (CPC) started here on Saturday with comprehensively deepening reforms on top of the agenda.
The four-day Third Plenary Session of the 18th CPC Central Committee will deliberate on a draft decision of the CPC Central Committee on "major issues concerning comprehensively deepening reforms", reported Xinhua.
The document, which pools the wisdom of the whole party and from all aspects, has been widely expected as a tone-setting document for the world`s second largest economy to advance the reforms that have lasted for more than three decades.
Comprehensively deepening reforms means it will be more systematic, integrated and coordinated.
The CPC will work to speed up the development of a socialist market economy, democracy, cultural development, social harmony and ecological progress, according to the statement of the political bureau of the 18th CPC Central Committee meeting held October 29.
"We should let labour, knowledge, technology, management and capital unleash their dynamism, let all sources of wealth spread and let all people enjoy more fruits of development fairly," it added.
Since the ground breaking Third Plenary Session of the 11th CPC Central Committee launched China`s reform and opening up drive in 1978, all the third plenary sessions took reforms and opening up as their central agenda.
According to the political bureau of the 18th CPC Central Committee, comprehensively deepened reforms are needed for the building of a moderately prosperous society in all aspects.
Opinions have been solicited within and outside the party for the draft decision which will be discussed during the plenary session, Xinhua said.
Suggestions and opinions provided by different places, government departments and delegates of the 18th CPC National Congress have been fully absorbed and reflected in the draft decision.
The political bureau will also report on its work to the CPC Central Committee during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?