Communist Party official sacked for daughter`s lavish wedding
Beijing: A ruling Communist Party of China official heading a poverty-stricken township was sacked for holding his daughter`s wedding in an extravagant manner, violating austerity measures backed by President Xi Jinping.
Yue Shuwang, CPC secretary of Pingdingbao Township in the northern Hebei Province, was sacked after an investigation showed he spent 200,000 yuan (about 32,400 dollars) on a wedding banquet for his daughter.
He also received one million yuan in gifts from others, according to the CPC committee of Guyuan County.
Yue was ordered to return the money he had accepted, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The county`s discipline inspection commission created a team to investigate the case.
The government has called for greater efforts to eliminate extravagance and corruption in recent months. Xi has launched a campaign in the party, government and military to follow austerity and shun a luxurious lifestyle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video