Congo bans 69 Chinese fishing boats
Brazzaville: The Republic of Congo has banned
69 Chinese fishing boats from its waters for illicit
activities, Fisheries Minister Dieudonne Kiessiekiaoua said
"These boats are suspended until further notice from
industrial fishing in Congolese territorial waters, because of
a failure to respect the laws and regulations in force,"
Kiessiekiaoua told a news agency.
The banned boats, which belong to three Chinese companies
named as Lulu, Rong Chang and Huayi Jinri, were fishing in a
prohibited zone up to six nautical miles offshore, which is
set aside for reproduction and renewal of fish stocks.
In August, Kiessiekiaoua said that Congo had acquired a
satellite surveillance system to watch over boats and better
control its waters. The central African country also recently
banned fishing with explosives and with fine-meshed nets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH