Congo issues arrest warrant for warlord Ntaganda
Kinshasa: A communique signed by Congo`s defense minister calls for the army to seek out and arrest a former Congolese general, who defected from the army in April with dozens of his men and started a rebellion in the country`s volatile eastern jungles.
The statement signed by Defense Minister Alexander Tambo says General Bosco Ntaganda and 13 of his deputies have been dismissed from the army.
It goes on to say that "in what regards particularly Bosco Ntaganda (and five other officers), the defense and security services are ordered to urgently relaunch an operation to find and arrest them."
Ntaganda has been wanted by the International Criminal Court for years. But it`s only now after Ntaganda deserted the army that the Congolese are finally moving forward to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen