Congo issues arrest warrant for warlord Ntaganda
Kinshasa: A communique signed by Congo`s defense minister calls for the army to seek out and arrest a former Congolese general, who defected from the army in April with dozens of his men and started a rebellion in the country`s volatile eastern jungles.
The statement signed by Defense Minister Alexander Tambo says General Bosco Ntaganda and 13 of his deputies have been dismissed from the army.
It goes on to say that "in what regards particularly Bosco Ntaganda (and five other officers), the defense and security services are ordered to urgently relaunch an operation to find and arrest them."
Ntaganda has been wanted by the International Criminal Court for years. But it`s only now after Ntaganda deserted the army that the Congolese are finally moving forward to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city