Constitution will be drafted on time: Madhav Kumar Nepal
Kathmandu: Nepalese Prime Minister Madhav
Kumar Nepal on Wednesday hoped that the new constitution can be
drafted within the stipulated time as the Maoists are now "positive" like other parties on the issue.
"As the Maoists are positive like other political
parties towards the issue (drafting of constitution), I am
confident that the constitution will be ready within the
stipulated time," he told reporters in Udayapur district.
The task of drafting the constitution and concluding
the peace process will be completed within the stipulated
time, he said.
Nepal`s comments assume significance in the wake of
widespread speculation that the new Constitution may not be
drafted by May 28, 2010 deadline.
The Prime Minister also said the task of managing
Maoists combatants will be completed before drafting the
"The government is serious about maintaining law and
order in the country," he said.
Meanwhile, United Nations deputy Secretary-General B
Lynn Pascoe, who arrived here today to assess the situation in
the country, said the peace process has reached a "crucial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- France to supply artillery to Iraqi Army: Hollande
- Hindalco's 2015-16 net profit plunges 95% to Rs 44.8 crore
- Hyundai Elite i20 automatic to be launched in India soon
- Haryana CM Khattar inducts three new ministers, drops two
- German giants Borussia Dortmund complete the signing of Andre Schuerrle from Wolfsburg