Constitutional court meeting in Mali: Mediator
Bamako: One of the mediators helping Mali restore its democracy after a coup last month confirmed that the country`s highest court was meeting Monday.
Adama Bictogo, Ivory Coast`s Minister of African Integration who is helping mediate the post-coup crisis, said that the constitutional court is currently behind closed-doors.
Angry soldiers ousted the nation`s democratically elected leader last month. After immense pressure from the nation`s bordering Mali, the military junta last Friday agreed to return the country to constitutional rule.
Among the steps involved is that the court needs to determine that the former leader cannot finish his term. Once the court makes that ruling, the head of the national assembly automatically becomes interim president until new elections can be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"