Constitutional court meeting in Mali: Mediator
Bamako: One of the mediators helping Mali restore its democracy after a coup last month confirmed that the country`s highest court was meeting Monday.
Adama Bictogo, Ivory Coast`s Minister of African Integration who is helping mediate the post-coup crisis, said that the constitutional court is currently behind closed-doors.
Angry soldiers ousted the nation`s democratically elected leader last month. After immense pressure from the nation`s bordering Mali, the military junta last Friday agreed to return the country to constitutional rule.
Among the steps involved is that the court needs to determine that the former leader cannot finish his term. Once the court makes that ruling, the head of the national assembly automatically becomes interim president until new elections can be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users