Constitutional court meeting in Mali: Mediator
Bamako: One of the mediators helping Mali restore its democracy after a coup last month confirmed that the country`s highest court was meeting Monday.
Adama Bictogo, Ivory Coast`s Minister of African Integration who is helping mediate the post-coup crisis, said that the constitutional court is currently behind closed-doors.
Angry soldiers ousted the nation`s democratically elected leader last month. After immense pressure from the nation`s bordering Mali, the military junta last Friday agreed to return the country to constitutional rule.
Among the steps involved is that the court needs to determine that the former leader cannot finish his term. Once the court makes that ruling, the head of the national assembly automatically becomes interim president until new elections can be held.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan