Constitutional court meeting in Mali: Mediator
Bamako: One of the mediators helping Mali restore its democracy after a coup last month confirmed that the country`s highest court was meeting Monday.
Adama Bictogo, Ivory Coast`s Minister of African Integration who is helping mediate the post-coup crisis, said that the constitutional court is currently behind closed-doors.
Angry soldiers ousted the nation`s democratically elected leader last month. After immense pressure from the nation`s bordering Mali, the military junta last Friday agreed to return the country to constitutional rule.
Among the steps involved is that the court needs to determine that the former leader cannot finish his term. Once the court makes that ruling, the head of the national assembly automatically becomes interim president until new elections can be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?