Constitutional court meeting in Mali: Mediator
Bamako: One of the mediators helping Mali restore its democracy after a coup last month confirmed that the country`s highest court was meeting Monday.
Adama Bictogo, Ivory Coast`s Minister of African Integration who is helping mediate the post-coup crisis, said that the constitutional court is currently behind closed-doors.
Angry soldiers ousted the nation`s democratically elected leader last month. After immense pressure from the nation`s bordering Mali, the military junta last Friday agreed to return the country to constitutional rule.
Among the steps involved is that the court needs to determine that the former leader cannot finish his term. Once the court makes that ruling, the head of the national assembly automatically becomes interim president until new elections can be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report