Construction of new Shinkansen route starts in Nagasaki
Nagasaki: The construction of a new Shinkansen bullet train route started on Saturday in Nagasaki Prefecture.
The 21-kilometer Isahaya-Nagasaki route will eventually connect to the 45-km Takeo Onsen-Isahaya route, which is now under construction, with their service to be launched together around the end of fiscal 2021.
The groundbreaking ceremony in the city of Nagasaki was attended by transport minister Yuichiro Hata and the governors of Nagasaki and Saga prefectures.
The Isahaya-Nagasaki route is one of three Shinkansen lines whose construction was approved by the government in June.
The constructions of the other two routes -- the 211-km Hakodate-Sapporo route in Hokkaido and the 113-km Kanazawa-Tsuruga route in central Japan -- will also start soon. (KYODO)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter