Construction of new Shinkansen route starts in Nagasaki
Nagasaki: The construction of a new Shinkansen bullet train route started on Saturday in Nagasaki Prefecture.
The 21-kilometer Isahaya-Nagasaki route will eventually connect to the 45-km Takeo Onsen-Isahaya route, which is now under construction, with their service to be launched together around the end of fiscal 2021.
The groundbreaking ceremony in the city of Nagasaki was attended by transport minister Yuichiro Hata and the governors of Nagasaki and Saga prefectures.
The Isahaya-Nagasaki route is one of three Shinkansen lines whose construction was approved by the government in June.
The constructions of the other two routes -- the 211-km Hakodate-Sapporo route in Hokkaido and the 113-km Kanazawa-Tsuruga route in central Japan -- will also start soon. (KYODO)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31