Construction of new Shinkansen route starts in Nagasaki
Nagasaki: The construction of a new Shinkansen bullet train route started on Saturday in Nagasaki Prefecture.
The 21-kilometer Isahaya-Nagasaki route will eventually connect to the 45-km Takeo Onsen-Isahaya route, which is now under construction, with their service to be launched together around the end of fiscal 2021.
The groundbreaking ceremony in the city of Nagasaki was attended by transport minister Yuichiro Hata and the governors of Nagasaki and Saga prefectures.
The Isahaya-Nagasaki route is one of three Shinkansen lines whose construction was approved by the government in June.
The constructions of the other two routes -- the 211-km Hakodate-Sapporo route in Hokkaido and the 113-km Kanazawa-Tsuruga route in central Japan -- will also start soon. (KYODO)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview