`Content, date, venue` of nuclear talks undecided: Iran
Tehran: Iran said on Tuesday that the content,
date and venue of a mooted fresh round of talks with six major
powers on its controversial nuclear programme have yet to be
"Discussions are underway about the date of the
negotiations, the venue and content of the negotiations,"
foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast told reporters
at his weekly press conference.
"Both sides should agree on this and the other side (the
major powers) must show flexibility."
Mehmanparast said the two sides needed to reach agreement
on the agenda for the talks, which European Union foreign
affairs chief Catherine Ashton has proposed holding in Vienna
from November 15 to 17.
"We think the content of the negotiations is more
important," Mehmanparast said.
"While we do need to come to a conclusion on the date and
place for the talks, the content of the negotiations should
also be agreed by the two sides."
Iran has always insisted that the talks be held on the
basis of its own package of proposals given to the major
powers before the last round of talks in October last year.
In a letter to Iran on Friday, Ashton insisted that the
main focus of the talks would be the "question of the Iranian
nuclear programme," which Western governments suspect is aimed
at developing a weapons capability, a charge Tehran strongly
Ashton represents the six major powers -- Britain, China,
France, Germany, Russia and the United States -- in the
negotiations with Iran on the nuclear issue.
Iranian officials have broadly welcomed the prospect of
fresh talks, but a spokesman for Ashton said on Friday that
she was still waiting for a formal response from Tehran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption