Controversial anti-protest laws in Ukraine come into force
Kiev: Controversial anti-protest laws that sparked unprecedented riots in Ukraine entered force on Tuesday after they were officially published in a government newspaper.
The new laws that bans virtually all forms of protest in the ex-Soviet country were officially published in the Golos Ukrainy (the Voice of Ukraine) parliament newspaper despite calls from the West and opposition to reverse the legislation.
The move raised fears the authorities could use the legislation to act violently to disperse the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1