Controversial anti-protest laws in Ukraine come into force
Kiev: Controversial anti-protest laws that sparked unprecedented riots in Ukraine entered force on Tuesday after they were officially published in a government newspaper.
The new laws that bans virtually all forms of protest in the ex-Soviet country were officially published in the Golos Ukrainy (the Voice of Ukraine) parliament newspaper despite calls from the West and opposition to reverse the legislation.
The move raised fears the authorities could use the legislation to act violently to disperse the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog