Controversial anti-protest laws in Ukraine come into force
Kiev: Controversial anti-protest laws that sparked unprecedented riots in Ukraine entered force on Tuesday after they were officially published in a government newspaper.
The new laws that bans virtually all forms of protest in the ex-Soviet country were officially published in the Golos Ukrainy (the Voice of Ukraine) parliament newspaper despite calls from the West and opposition to reverse the legislation.
The move raised fears the authorities could use the legislation to act violently to disperse the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi