`Cool` Hillary Clinton `never sweats`
New York: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton possesses one unusual personal trait - she never shows any sign of perspiration, according to close observers.
According to one reporter, no matter the heat, Hillary never wilts, not “so much as the faintest glisten can be detected anywhere about her person”.
Even as she sprints through India in the scorching summertime, the wife of former US president Bill Clinton doesn’t break a sweat — she doesn’t even glisten.
“There’s one very intimate detail that most people still don’t know about Hillary Clinton, and which I shall divulge,” the New York Daily quoted the reporter as telling Conde Nast Traveler magazine.
“She does not sweat. Literally. She does not even glow. No matter how high the heat, not a drop nor a drip nor a bead nor so much as the faintest glisten can be detected anywhere about her person,” the reporter said.
A Hillary associate said that the former First Lady’s sweatlessness is well known to those privy to the politics scene.
“There’s been a fair amount of commentary about that,” the associate said.
One incident is when Hillary showed up for a photo shoot at Humayun’s tomb in New Delhi.
It was 95 degrees. Her staff, the photo crew were wilting in the heat, but as she headed to the next meeting on her schedule, Hillary looked every bit as cool as that white marble dome.
Of course, it’s unlikely that Hillary doesn’t actually sweat -- perspiration is the body’s way of cooling itself.
There are a number of reasons why some people sweat more than others, says Dr Kenneth Williams, an Irvine, California-based surgeon who treats patients with sweating issues.
Older women may experience small drops in their core body temperature after menopause.
There are a few medical conditions, such as hypothyroidism, that causes sufferers to feel constantly chilly.
“Hillary may just manage to stay calm, cool and collected, when her colleagues aren’t,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Inexhaustible Rafael Nadal wins 200th Grand Slam match
- Half-century for world no. 1 Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros
- Congo citizen murder: Strict action needed, says Union Minister VK Singh
- Who stole the cookie? Let the canine siblings solve this mystery! - Watch video
- Galaxy of leaders to attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in; 18 new faces to become ministers