`Cool` Hillary Clinton `never sweats`
New York: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton possesses one unusual personal trait - she never shows any sign of perspiration, according to close observers.
According to one reporter, no matter the heat, Hillary never wilts, not “so much as the faintest glisten can be detected anywhere about her person”.
Even as she sprints through India in the scorching summertime, the wife of former US president Bill Clinton doesn’t break a sweat — she doesn’t even glisten.
“There’s one very intimate detail that most people still don’t know about Hillary Clinton, and which I shall divulge,” the New York Daily quoted the reporter as telling Conde Nast Traveler magazine.
“She does not sweat. Literally. She does not even glow. No matter how high the heat, not a drop nor a drip nor a bead nor so much as the faintest glisten can be detected anywhere about her person,” the reporter said.
A Hillary associate said that the former First Lady’s sweatlessness is well known to those privy to the politics scene.
“There’s been a fair amount of commentary about that,” the associate said.
One incident is when Hillary showed up for a photo shoot at Humayun’s tomb in New Delhi.
It was 95 degrees. Her staff, the photo crew were wilting in the heat, but as she headed to the next meeting on her schedule, Hillary looked every bit as cool as that white marble dome.
Of course, it’s unlikely that Hillary doesn’t actually sweat -- perspiration is the body’s way of cooling itself.
There are a number of reasons why some people sweat more than others, says Dr Kenneth Williams, an Irvine, California-based surgeon who treats patients with sweating issues.
Older women may experience small drops in their core body temperature after menopause.
There are a few medical conditions, such as hypothyroidism, that causes sufferers to feel constantly chilly.
“Hillary may just manage to stay calm, cool and collected, when her colleagues aren’t,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe