Coordinated attack in Iraq kills 5 policemen
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a coordinated attack involving two suicide bombers and several gunmen has killed five policemen in a former al Qaeda stronghold.
A police officer says one bomber detonated his explosives-laden belt at the main checkpoint outside police headquarters in the central city of Fallujah today morning.
The second bomber blew himself up near the building gates as security forces engaged in a shootout with the gunmen, who later fled the scene.
The attack also wounded nine policemen.
A medical official confirmed the causality figures.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir