Coordinated attack in Iraq kills 5 policemen
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a coordinated attack involving two suicide bombers and several gunmen has killed five policemen in a former al Qaeda stronghold.
A police officer says one bomber detonated his explosives-laden belt at the main checkpoint outside police headquarters in the central city of Fallujah today morning.
The second bomber blew himself up near the building gates as security forces engaged in a shootout with the gunmen, who later fled the scene.
The attack also wounded nine policemen.
A medical official confirmed the causality figures.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical