Coordinated attack in Iraq kills 5 policemen
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a coordinated attack involving two suicide bombers and several gunmen has killed five policemen in a former al Qaeda stronghold.
A police officer says one bomber detonated his explosives-laden belt at the main checkpoint outside police headquarters in the central city of Fallujah today morning.
The second bomber blew himself up near the building gates as security forces engaged in a shootout with the gunmen, who later fled the scene.
The attack also wounded nine policemen.
A medical official confirmed the causality figures.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to media.
- Big Bash League: Melbourne Renegades may bring back Chris Gayle despite 'don't blush' furore
- Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor's 'Baaghi' crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago