Coordinated attack in Iraq kills 5 policemen
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a coordinated attack involving two suicide bombers and several gunmen has killed five policemen in a former al Qaeda stronghold.
A police officer says one bomber detonated his explosives-laden belt at the main checkpoint outside police headquarters in the central city of Fallujah today morning.
The second bomber blew himself up near the building gates as security forces engaged in a shootout with the gunmen, who later fled the scene.
The attack also wounded nine policemen.
A medical official confirmed the causality figures.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range