Coordinated attack in Iraq kills 5 policemen
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a coordinated attack involving two suicide bombers and several gunmen has killed five policemen in a former al Qaeda stronghold.
A police officer says one bomber detonated his explosives-laden belt at the main checkpoint outside police headquarters in the central city of Fallujah today morning.
The second bomber blew himself up near the building gates as security forces engaged in a shootout with the gunmen, who later fled the scene.
The attack also wounded nine policemen.
A medical official confirmed the causality figures.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!