Cops find dead body at Belgian attacker`s home
Brussels: Belgian investigators have found the body of a woman killed by a gunman who shot dead four other people, including a 17-month-old toddler, and wounded 125 in eastern Belgium Tuesday before shooting himself.
Prosecutor Cedric Visart de Bocarme told Belgian La Premiere radio station Wednesday the woman`s body had been found in a warehouse used by the gunman. It brought the death toll, including the gunman, to six.
"A search last night revealed in a warehouse used by the attacker, notably to grow cannabis, the body of a woman killed by the attacker before he went to the Place Saint Lambert," he said.
Nordine Amrani, a 33-year-old previously jailed for possession of arms and drugs offences, hurled grenades and sprayed bullets into crowds of Christmas shoppers and children in a central square in the eastern city of Liege.
The attack paralyzed the center of Belgium`s fifth largest city, with workers trapped in offices as police sealed off the area.
It was still unclear what drove Amrani to carry out the attack.
"The enormous concern we have is how it was possible for someone seemingly sensible and normal to do this. It was a delinquent, someone who had difficulties throughout their life," Visart de Bocarme said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...