Cops find dead body at Belgian attacker`s home
Brussels: Belgian investigators have found the body of a woman killed by a gunman who shot dead four other people, including a 17-month-old toddler, and wounded 125 in eastern Belgium Tuesday before shooting himself.
Prosecutor Cedric Visart de Bocarme told Belgian La Premiere radio station Wednesday the woman`s body had been found in a warehouse used by the gunman. It brought the death toll, including the gunman, to six.
"A search last night revealed in a warehouse used by the attacker, notably to grow cannabis, the body of a woman killed by the attacker before he went to the Place Saint Lambert," he said.
Nordine Amrani, a 33-year-old previously jailed for possession of arms and drugs offences, hurled grenades and sprayed bullets into crowds of Christmas shoppers and children in a central square in the eastern city of Liege.
The attack paralyzed the center of Belgium`s fifth largest city, with workers trapped in offices as police sealed off the area.
It was still unclear what drove Amrani to carry out the attack.
"The enormous concern we have is how it was possible for someone seemingly sensible and normal to do this. It was a delinquent, someone who had difficulties throughout their life," Visart de Bocarme said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh