Corpse goes unnoticed for weeks in Moscow street
Spelling an unpleasant end to the winter, a woman was found stabbed to death in Moscow, with the corpse apparently having spent weeks in the street, covered by snow.
A case was opened on murder charges.
This winter, Moscow received 3.2 metres of snow, or twice the average amount, according to the City Hall. Snowfall may continue well into May, forecasters say.
An army of 35,000 street cleaners and 13,000 snow removal vehicles were deployed daily to the streets of Moscow during the worst snowfalls this winter, Mosday.ru city news website said. It remained unclear how all of them missed the snow mound on Novoshchukinskaya Street where the body was found.
- Pakistani police arrest five for desecrating Sikh`s turban
- Murder of young woman in Kerala galvanises politics
- China's PLA releases 1st hip-hop music video to attract youths
- Must watch VIDEO: Is this the most amazing six in IPL history?
- Manohar Parrikar may lead BJP's campaign for Goa 2017 polls: Tendulkar