Corpse goes unnoticed for weeks in Moscow street
Spelling an unpleasant end to the winter, a woman was found stabbed to death in Moscow, with the corpse apparently having spent weeks in the street, covered by snow.
A case was opened on murder charges.
This winter, Moscow received 3.2 metres of snow, or twice the average amount, according to the City Hall. Snowfall may continue well into May, forecasters say.
An army of 35,000 street cleaners and 13,000 snow removal vehicles were deployed daily to the streets of Moscow during the worst snowfalls this winter, Mosday.ru city news website said. It remained unclear how all of them missed the snow mound on Novoshchukinskaya Street where the body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!