Corpse goes unnoticed for weeks in Moscow street
Spelling an unpleasant end to the winter, a woman was found stabbed to death in Moscow, with the corpse apparently having spent weeks in the street, covered by snow.
A case was opened on murder charges.
This winter, Moscow received 3.2 metres of snow, or twice the average amount, according to the City Hall. Snowfall may continue well into May, forecasters say.
An army of 35,000 street cleaners and 13,000 snow removal vehicles were deployed daily to the streets of Moscow during the worst snowfalls this winter, Mosday.ru city news website said. It remained unclear how all of them missed the snow mound on Novoshchukinskaya Street where the body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?
- NIA officer Tanzil Ahmed murder case: Prime accused Muneer nabbed by UP STF
- 7th Pay Commission: Implementation soon! Cabinet to decide on final report tomorrow
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Narasimha Rao on his 95th birth anniversary