Costa Concordia: Divers continue search for missing
Giglio: Divers were searching for 19 people known missing aboard the capsized Costa Concordia as officials weighed whether to start pumping some half a million gallons of fuel from the ship to avoid an environmental catastrophe.
The search was continuing around the clock, with divers focusing on areas where the missing were last seen, places were they might have gathered for evacuation and individual cabins.
The civil protection official in charge of the rescue effort was meeting with technical experts on Monday morning to determine if operations to pump the fuel could begin in tandem with the ongoing search. Franco Gabrielli was to meet later with prosecutors to discuss the implications of halting the search. A decision was expected in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH