Costa Concordia: Divers continue search for missing
Giglio: Divers were searching for 19 people known missing aboard the capsized Costa Concordia as officials weighed whether to start pumping some half a million gallons of fuel from the ship to avoid an environmental catastrophe.
The search was continuing around the clock, with divers focusing on areas where the missing were last seen, places were they might have gathered for evacuation and individual cabins.
The civil protection official in charge of the rescue effort was meeting with technical experts on Monday morning to determine if operations to pump the fuel could begin in tandem with the ongoing search. Franco Gabrielli was to meet later with prosecutors to discuss the implications of halting the search. A decision was expected in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming