Costa Concordia: Divers continue search for missing
Giglio: Divers were searching for 19 people known missing aboard the capsized Costa Concordia as officials weighed whether to start pumping some half a million gallons of fuel from the ship to avoid an environmental catastrophe.
The search was continuing around the clock, with divers focusing on areas where the missing were last seen, places were they might have gathered for evacuation and individual cabins.
The civil protection official in charge of the rescue effort was meeting with technical experts on Monday morning to determine if operations to pump the fuel could begin in tandem with the ongoing search. Franco Gabrielli was to meet later with prosecutors to discuss the implications of halting the search. A decision was expected in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!