Countdown begins as royal wedding seating revealed
London: As countdown begins for the April
29 royal wedding, details of the seating arrangements at
Westminster Abbey on the day were revealed on Saturday, which
includes close family members sitting nearest to the couple as
they take their vows on Friday.
The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh,
Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry will
sit in the front row. Bride-to-be Kate Middleton`s mother
Carole will sit directly opposite Queen Elizabeth.
Celebrity guests at the event include Sir Elton John,
David and Victoria Beckham and Rowan Atkinson.
Guests number 2,000 people from various walks of life.
More than 1,000 of those in the Abbey will have to rely upon
video screens to follow the service.
Prince William and Kate Middleton chose the Abbey for
its intimacy despite its size, as well as its 1,000-year Royal
history and majestic beauty.
About 1,000 people will sit in the section of the
Abbey in front of the Quire, a partition in the building which
restricts the view of the altar to anyone behind it, giving it
the feel of a large parish church.
Members of the Spencer family, relatives of Prince
William`s mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, will sit next to
Friends of the Middleton family will sit on the other
side of the Abbey away from the Royal Family.
The Queen and other members of the Royal Family will
sit in the North Lantern across the aisle from the Middleton
family, who will be in the South Lantern.
They will be the closest to the Sanctuary, where
William and Miss Middleton will stand.
In the front row, in order, will be the Queen, the
Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of
Cornwall, with a seat reserved for Prince Harry when he has
completed his best man duties.
Foreign dignitaries and diplomats will sit in the
South Transept which is directly to the side.
Forty-six foreign royals will be in attendance,
including the Prince of Bahrain.
Prime Minister David Cameron and other cabinet members
and Ed Miliband, Labour leader will sit in the south side of
the Abbey behind the choir.
Seated behind the choir will be faith representatives
and friends of the bride and groom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur