`Coup against Morsi akin to destroying Kaaba`
Johannesburg: The Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohammed Badie has made a harsh statement comparing the ouster of President Mohammed Morsi to be worse than hypothetical destruction of Islam`s holiest shrine, Kaaba.
Badie’s comment comes in as mass rallies were promoted by General Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi as a show of support for planned action by the military and the police to stop violence and terrorism by Morsi`s Islamist supporters, the News24 reports.
According to the report, Badie’s comment on Egypt`s military chief will take the enmity between the camp of Islamists and their opponents to a new level.
Brotherhood`s leader remark saying the coup was worse than destroying the Kaaba has appeared to be aiming at whipping up religious sentiments on the eve of demonstrations by the youth against Morsi.
Badie also called el-Sisi a traitor and urged him to repent, the report added.
The National Defence Council, Egypt`s highest security body, said authorities were committed to ensuring the safety of all peaceful protesters but also warned that no tolerance would be shown to anyone who threatens security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- England vs Pakistan: Alastair Cook glad to get 'carried along' with Joe Root
- On 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas', nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers