`Coup against Morsi akin to destroying Kaaba`
Johannesburg: The Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohammed Badie has made a harsh statement comparing the ouster of President Mohammed Morsi to be worse than hypothetical destruction of Islam`s holiest shrine, Kaaba.
Badie’s comment comes in as mass rallies were promoted by General Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi as a show of support for planned action by the military and the police to stop violence and terrorism by Morsi`s Islamist supporters, the News24 reports.
According to the report, Badie’s comment on Egypt`s military chief will take the enmity between the camp of Islamists and their opponents to a new level.
Brotherhood`s leader remark saying the coup was worse than destroying the Kaaba has appeared to be aiming at whipping up religious sentiments on the eve of demonstrations by the youth against Morsi.
Badie also called el-Sisi a traitor and urged him to repent, the report added.
The National Defence Council, Egypt`s highest security body, said authorities were committed to ensuring the safety of all peaceful protesters but also warned that no tolerance would be shown to anyone who threatens security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round