`Coup against Morsi akin to destroying Kaaba`
Johannesburg: The Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohammed Badie has made a harsh statement comparing the ouster of President Mohammed Morsi to be worse than hypothetical destruction of Islam`s holiest shrine, Kaaba.
Badie’s comment comes in as mass rallies were promoted by General Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi as a show of support for planned action by the military and the police to stop violence and terrorism by Morsi`s Islamist supporters, the News24 reports.
According to the report, Badie’s comment on Egypt`s military chief will take the enmity between the camp of Islamists and their opponents to a new level.
Brotherhood`s leader remark saying the coup was worse than destroying the Kaaba has appeared to be aiming at whipping up religious sentiments on the eve of demonstrations by the youth against Morsi.
Badie also called el-Sisi a traitor and urged him to repent, the report added.
The National Defence Council, Egypt`s highest security body, said authorities were committed to ensuring the safety of all peaceful protesters but also warned that no tolerance would be shown to anyone who threatens security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH