Court grants bail to two in Jaitley CDR case
New Delhi: A court here Friday granted bail to a Delhi Police constable and a private detective, arrested for allegedly buying a SIM card on fake proofs to procure the call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley and others.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Sanjay Bansal enlarged constable Arvind Dabas, 35, and detective Neeraj Nayar, 36, on bail on the ground that they have already got the relief in the main phone tapping case by another court.
The court directed the two accused to furnish a personal bond of Rs 10,000 and a surety of like amount each.
Dabas, Nayar and two others were yesterday granted bail by another court in the phone-tapping case in which they were accused of being involved in a racket of illegally obtaining call detail records saying that charge sheet has already been filed and they are no more required for further investigation.
Dabas and Nayar today approached the court of CMM Bansal seeking bail on the ground that the present case was a part of the same transaction in which they had yesterday secured bail and there was nothing new in it.
"No new offence has been committed by Dabas and Nayar. Since they have already got bail in the main case of phone tapping, they should also be released in this case," advocate Naushad Ahmed Khan, appearing for the accused, said.
The accused also sought bail on the ground that charge sheet has already been filed in the case and they were not required for custodial interrogation and they have been in custody for over 100 days.
The police opposed their plea saying they should not be released as the allegations against them are serious and they are accused of procuring SIM card on the basis of forged papers for securing call details of many persons by illegally using the official email ID of senior police officials.
The police had on March 8 registered a fresh FIR against Nayar and Dabas saying they had fraudulently procured a SIM card which was used by them in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says