Court grants bail to two in Jaitley CDR case
New Delhi: A court here Friday granted bail to a Delhi Police constable and a private detective, arrested for allegedly buying a SIM card on fake proofs to procure the call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley and others.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Sanjay Bansal enlarged constable Arvind Dabas, 35, and detective Neeraj Nayar, 36, on bail on the ground that they have already got the relief in the main phone tapping case by another court.
The court directed the two accused to furnish a personal bond of Rs 10,000 and a surety of like amount each.
Dabas, Nayar and two others were yesterday granted bail by another court in the phone-tapping case in which they were accused of being involved in a racket of illegally obtaining call detail records saying that charge sheet has already been filed and they are no more required for further investigation.
Dabas and Nayar today approached the court of CMM Bansal seeking bail on the ground that the present case was a part of the same transaction in which they had yesterday secured bail and there was nothing new in it.
"No new offence has been committed by Dabas and Nayar. Since they have already got bail in the main case of phone tapping, they should also be released in this case," advocate Naushad Ahmed Khan, appearing for the accused, said.
The accused also sought bail on the ground that charge sheet has already been filed in the case and they were not required for custodial interrogation and they have been in custody for over 100 days.
The police opposed their plea saying they should not be released as the allegations against them are serious and they are accused of procuring SIM card on the basis of forged papers for securing call details of many persons by illegally using the official email ID of senior police officials.
The police had on March 8 registered a fresh FIR against Nayar and Dabas saying they had fraudulently procured a SIM card which was used by them in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP