Court grants bail to two in Jaitley CDR case
New Delhi: A court here Friday granted bail to a Delhi Police constable and a private detective, arrested for allegedly buying a SIM card on fake proofs to procure the call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley and others.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Sanjay Bansal enlarged constable Arvind Dabas, 35, and detective Neeraj Nayar, 36, on bail on the ground that they have already got the relief in the main phone tapping case by another court.
The court directed the two accused to furnish a personal bond of Rs 10,000 and a surety of like amount each.
Dabas, Nayar and two others were yesterday granted bail by another court in the phone-tapping case in which they were accused of being involved in a racket of illegally obtaining call detail records saying that charge sheet has already been filed and they are no more required for further investigation.
Dabas and Nayar today approached the court of CMM Bansal seeking bail on the ground that the present case was a part of the same transaction in which they had yesterday secured bail and there was nothing new in it.
"No new offence has been committed by Dabas and Nayar. Since they have already got bail in the main case of phone tapping, they should also be released in this case," advocate Naushad Ahmed Khan, appearing for the accused, said.
The accused also sought bail on the ground that charge sheet has already been filed in the case and they were not required for custodial interrogation and they have been in custody for over 100 days.
The police opposed their plea saying they should not be released as the allegations against them are serious and they are accused of procuring SIM card on the basis of forged papers for securing call details of many persons by illegally using the official email ID of senior police officials.
The police had on March 8 registered a fresh FIR against Nayar and Dabas saying they had fraudulently procured a SIM card which was used by them in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Sarfraz Ahmed becomes only the third wicket-keeper to score ODI ton at Lord's
- Universities should be bastions of free speech, debate: President Mukherjee
- Vodafone launches 4G services in Haryana; get 20 GB data at just Rs 999
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990