Court keeps British Prince`s letters private
London: Britain`s High Court says it has upheld a decision that prevents the disclosure of letters sent by Prince Charles to senior government ministers.
The High Court ruled on Tuesday that Attorney General Dominic Grieve acted reasonably when he decided last year that the public had no right to see Charles` correspondence with seven UK government departments.
Grieve says the "particularly frank" letters reflect Charles` personal views and that Britons might not think that he is politically neutral as a monarch must be. The worry is that the institution would be undermined.
The Guardian newspaper has campaigned for eight years to have the documents released, claiming they would shed light on how the heir to the throne attempted to influence government ministers despite holding no elected position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO