Court stays hearing against Maldives` ex-president
An official says that a higher court in the Maldives has stayed a hearing on charges against the country`s former president.
Public Prosecutor Aishath Sazna Ahmed said the country`s High Court on Sunday ordered the suspension of a hearing against Mohamed Nasheed after he challenged the legitimacy of the lower court that heard his case.
Nasheed was to appear in court for a second time today, nearly a month after he was arrested.
Nasheed stepped down as president of this India Ocean archipelago in February after months of protests following the judge`s arrest. He has said he was forced out in a military coup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre