Court stays hearing against Maldives` ex-president
An official says that a higher court in the Maldives has stayed a hearing on charges against the country`s former president.
Public Prosecutor Aishath Sazna Ahmed said the country`s High Court on Sunday ordered the suspension of a hearing against Mohamed Nasheed after he challenged the legitimacy of the lower court that heard his case.
Nasheed was to appear in court for a second time today, nearly a month after he was arrested.
Nasheed stepped down as president of this India Ocean archipelago in February after months of protests following the judge`s arrest. He has said he was forced out in a military coup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read
- Taliban fighters overrun district in eastern Afghanistan
- Sports recap: Five stories that grabbed the headlines this week