Court stays hearing against Maldives` ex-president
An official says that a higher court in the Maldives has stayed a hearing on charges against the country`s former president.
Public Prosecutor Aishath Sazna Ahmed said the country`s High Court on Sunday ordered the suspension of a hearing against Mohamed Nasheed after he challenged the legitimacy of the lower court that heard his case.
Nasheed was to appear in court for a second time today, nearly a month after he was arrested.
Nasheed stepped down as president of this India Ocean archipelago in February after months of protests following the judge`s arrest. He has said he was forced out in a military coup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery