Court stays hearing against Maldives` ex-president
An official says that a higher court in the Maldives has stayed a hearing on charges against the country`s former president.
Public Prosecutor Aishath Sazna Ahmed said the country`s High Court on Sunday ordered the suspension of a hearing against Mohamed Nasheed after he challenged the legitimacy of the lower court that heard his case.
Nasheed was to appear in court for a second time today, nearly a month after he was arrested.
Nasheed stepped down as president of this India Ocean archipelago in February after months of protests following the judge`s arrest. He has said he was forced out in a military coup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!