Court stays hearing against Maldives` ex-president
An official says that a higher court in the Maldives has stayed a hearing on charges against the country`s former president.
Public Prosecutor Aishath Sazna Ahmed said the country`s High Court on Sunday ordered the suspension of a hearing against Mohamed Nasheed after he challenged the legitimacy of the lower court that heard his case.
Nasheed was to appear in court for a second time today, nearly a month after he was arrested.
Nasheed stepped down as president of this India Ocean archipelago in February after months of protests following the judge`s arrest. He has said he was forced out in a military coup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials