CPC must act in conformity with law: Xi
Beijing: China`s new Communist Party leader Xi Jinping has called on the party leaders to abide by law and constitution.
The Communist Party of China (CPC) organisations at all levels should act in accordance with the Constitution and laws, the 59-year-old General Secretary of the CPC said while presiding over the Party`s Politburo meeting Saturday.
As the ruling party, CPC should insist on governing by law and leaders at various levels should take the lead in acting by law, and whether they can do it should be an important criterion that organisational departments at all levels use in evaluation, Xi said.
He called for public education on laws, cultivation of rule-of-law spirit and the promotion of a social environment in which all people abide by law and settle their problems by legal means, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The rule of law and the rule of virtue must go hand in hand, and the rule of law must be better observed in social management, Xi, who is set to formally take over as the President next month, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!