CPC must act in conformity with law: Xi
Beijing: China`s new Communist Party leader Xi Jinping has called on the party leaders to abide by law and constitution.
The Communist Party of China (CPC) organisations at all levels should act in accordance with the Constitution and laws, the 59-year-old General Secretary of the CPC said while presiding over the Party`s Politburo meeting Saturday.
As the ruling party, CPC should insist on governing by law and leaders at various levels should take the lead in acting by law, and whether they can do it should be an important criterion that organisational departments at all levels use in evaluation, Xi said.
He called for public education on laws, cultivation of rule-of-law spirit and the promotion of a social environment in which all people abide by law and settle their problems by legal means, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The rule of law and the rule of virtue must go hand in hand, and the rule of law must be better observed in social management, Xi, who is set to formally take over as the President next month, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read