CPC must act in conformity with law: Xi
Beijing: China`s new Communist Party leader Xi Jinping has called on the party leaders to abide by law and constitution.
The Communist Party of China (CPC) organisations at all levels should act in accordance with the Constitution and laws, the 59-year-old General Secretary of the CPC said while presiding over the Party`s Politburo meeting Saturday.
As the ruling party, CPC should insist on governing by law and leaders at various levels should take the lead in acting by law, and whether they can do it should be an important criterion that organisational departments at all levels use in evaluation, Xi said.
He called for public education on laws, cultivation of rule-of-law spirit and the promotion of a social environment in which all people abide by law and settle their problems by legal means, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The rule of law and the rule of virtue must go hand in hand, and the rule of law must be better observed in social management, Xi, who is set to formally take over as the President next month, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price