CPC must resist corruption, prevent degeneration: Xi
Beijing: Vowing to deepen structural reforms in both political and economic fields, China`s new President Xi Jinping has said the ruling Communist party should resist corruption, prevent degeneration and ward off "risks" to maintain its governing position for long a time.
"Reform and opening-up is the defining feature and source of vitality of today`s China..... Without reform and opening-up, China would not have come this far, and nor will we have a brighter future," 59-year-old Xi said.
"I have stressed many times that reform and opening-up is an on-going process that must never stop," he told a select group of Editors from BRICS nations during his first interaction with foreign media after taking over as President and military chief last week.
He said the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) must enhance the capacity in scientific, democratic and law-based governance. Only this way the CPC will maintain its governing position for long time to come.
"The CPC must maintain close ties with the people, improve the performance in leadership and governance and increase its ability to resist corruption, prevent degeneration and ward off risks," said Xi, who is also the new Chief of the CPC that has been ruling China since it was founded in 1949.
Xi, who grew up from the grassroots of having been a leader from the village to province to central level, said under the new historical conditions China must make new breakthroughs in reforms and opening-up with new prospects for development.
"We will enhance top level design and overall planning and advance structural reforms in economic, political, cultural, social and ecological fields in a balanced way," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy