Crashed Ethiopian jet`s second black box found
Beirut: Divers retrieved on Wednesday the cockpit
voice recorder from an Ethiopian jet that crashed off the
Lebanese coast last month killing 90 people, Transport
Minister Ghazi Aridi said.
"We have recovered the second black box from the
Ethiopian plane and it will be handed over to investigators in
France," Aridi told agency.
The Lebanese navy retrieved the first black box, the
flight data recorder, on Sunday, and it was also sent to
The Lebanese government said it was still in the dark as
to what caused the January 25 crash and dismissed as
inaccurate reports of pilot error.
"We have not yet received the official report, and all
that is being reported as data from the black boxes is
inaccurate," Information Minister Tareq Mitri said today.
"It is not acceptable that hypotheses be spun up every
time the technical team secures a piece of information," Mitri
A probe into the mysterious crash is being carried out by
a Lebanese commission with support from a French body that
investigates air accidents. US and Ethiopian investigators are
Ethiopian Airlines Flight 409 plunged into the
Mediterranean just minutes after take-off from Beirut airport
during a fierce storm.
The Boeing 737-800 was bound for Addis Ababa with 83
passengers and seven crew on board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?