Croatian climber`s body found 39 years after death
Tbilisi: The Georgian government said Saturday that its mountain rescuers have found the body of Croatian climber Nenad Chulich, 39 years after he went missing in an avalanche on the Georgian Caucasus Mountain Ushba.
The famous Croatian climber went missing and was presumed dead along with three other fellow climbers in 1974. The bodies of two climbers had been found right after the avalanche and the third body was found in 2012, Xinhua reported.
The Georgian rescuers were tipped off this month by climbers about the possible whereabouts of the fourth body.
The body of Chulich has been transferred to Mestia in northwestern Georgia.
The Georgian authorities have reportedly notified the family of the Croatian climber about the finding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video