Croatian climber`s body found 39 years after death
Tbilisi: The Georgian government said Saturday that its mountain rescuers have found the body of Croatian climber Nenad Chulich, 39 years after he went missing in an avalanche on the Georgian Caucasus Mountain Ushba.
The famous Croatian climber went missing and was presumed dead along with three other fellow climbers in 1974. The bodies of two climbers had been found right after the avalanche and the third body was found in 2012, Xinhua reported.
The Georgian rescuers were tipped off this month by climbers about the possible whereabouts of the fourth body.
The body of Chulich has been transferred to Mestia in northwestern Georgia.
The Georgian authorities have reportedly notified the family of the Croatian climber about the finding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown