Crocodile predicts Australian PM`s win in polls
Sydney: A saltwater crocodile has picked Australian prime minister as winner of federal election in a snap poll in Darwin Thursday, a media report said.
The 4.9 metre crocodile named Harry was given the choice of munching on one of two chicken carcasses - one tied to an image of Prime Minister Julia Gillard and the other attached to a picture of opposition leader Tony Abbott.
In front of a large crowd, the 720 kg crocodile, which last month correctly tipped Spain as the winner of the soccer World Cup, seemed at first disinterested in both options,according to the report.
But after about five minutes, the croc opened its jaws and crunched down on the meat attached to Gillard.
"He saw the future and I think he might have something going with Paul the octopus," the reptile`s handler, Nigel Palmer, said, referring to the octopus that had eight correct tips during the World Cup.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference