Crocodile predicts Australian PM`s win in polls
Sydney: A saltwater crocodile has picked Australian prime minister as winner of federal election in a snap poll in Darwin Thursday, a media report said.
The 4.9 metre crocodile named Harry was given the choice of munching on one of two chicken carcasses - one tied to an image of Prime Minister Julia Gillard and the other attached to a picture of opposition leader Tony Abbott.
In front of a large crowd, the 720 kg crocodile, which last month correctly tipped Spain as the winner of the soccer World Cup, seemed at first disinterested in both options,according to the report.
But after about five minutes, the croc opened its jaws and crunched down on the meat attached to Gillard.
"He saw the future and I think he might have something going with Paul the octopus," the reptile`s handler, Nigel Palmer, said, referring to the octopus that had eight correct tips during the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack