Crocodile predicts Australian PM`s win in polls
Sydney: A saltwater crocodile has picked Australian prime minister as winner of federal election in a snap poll in Darwin Thursday, a media report said.
The 4.9 metre crocodile named Harry was given the choice of munching on one of two chicken carcasses - one tied to an image of Prime Minister Julia Gillard and the other attached to a picture of opposition leader Tony Abbott.
In front of a large crowd, the 720 kg crocodile, which last month correctly tipped Spain as the winner of the soccer World Cup, seemed at first disinterested in both options,according to the report.
But after about five minutes, the croc opened its jaws and crunched down on the meat attached to Gillard.
"He saw the future and I think he might have something going with Paul the octopus," the reptile`s handler, Nigel Palmer, said, referring to the octopus that had eight correct tips during the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah