Crocodile predicts Australian PM`s win in polls
Sydney: A saltwater crocodile has picked Australian prime minister as winner of federal election in a snap poll in Darwin Thursday, a media report said.
The 4.9 metre crocodile named Harry was given the choice of munching on one of two chicken carcasses - one tied to an image of Prime Minister Julia Gillard and the other attached to a picture of opposition leader Tony Abbott.
In front of a large crowd, the 720 kg crocodile, which last month correctly tipped Spain as the winner of the soccer World Cup, seemed at first disinterested in both options,according to the report.
But after about five minutes, the croc opened its jaws and crunched down on the meat attached to Gillard.
"He saw the future and I think he might have something going with Paul the octopus," the reptile`s handler, Nigel Palmer, said, referring to the octopus that had eight correct tips during the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price