Cuba rejects continued inclusion on US terror list
Havana: Cuba is condemning Washington`s decision to keep it on the list of states allegedly sponsoring terrorism.
A Foreign Ministry statement says the US has no right to judge Cuba and says the island nation has an "unblemished" record fighting terrorism. The statement also accuses Washington of manipulating the issue for political ends.
Cuba`s inclusion on the terror blacklist since 1982 has been a huge irritation for the island`s government. Being on the list brings sanctions such as foreign aid restrictions.
The US State Department said there`s no evidence Cuba has cut ties to Colombian rebels and cited media reports that militant Basque separatists continue to live in the country.
The ministry`s statement was published on Saturday in Communist Party newspaper Granma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites