Cuba rejects continued inclusion on US terror list
Havana: Cuba is condemning Washington`s decision to keep it on the list of states allegedly sponsoring terrorism.
A Foreign Ministry statement says the US has no right to judge Cuba and says the island nation has an "unblemished" record fighting terrorism. The statement also accuses Washington of manipulating the issue for political ends.
Cuba`s inclusion on the terror blacklist since 1982 has been a huge irritation for the island`s government. Being on the list brings sanctions such as foreign aid restrictions.
The US State Department said there`s no evidence Cuba has cut ties to Colombian rebels and cited media reports that militant Basque separatists continue to live in the country.
The ministry`s statement was published on Saturday in Communist Party newspaper Granma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’