Cultural relics found in South China Sea
Beijing: Twelve underwater cultural relics sites were discovered in South China Sea.
The sites near Xisha Islands contain ancient pottery and porcelain wares, copper coins and boat parts, Xinhua quoted the Hainan cultural heritage bureau as saying Sunday.
The Xisha Islands consist of a cluster of about 40 islets, sand banks and reefs.
In ancient days, many Chinese merchant ships struck the reefs and sank while sailing to Southeast Asia, India and Middle East, leaving treasures and cultural relics in the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL