Cultural relics found in South China Sea
Beijing: Twelve underwater cultural relics sites were discovered in South China Sea.
The sites near Xisha Islands contain ancient pottery and porcelain wares, copper coins and boat parts, Xinhua quoted the Hainan cultural heritage bureau as saying Sunday.
The Xisha Islands consist of a cluster of about 40 islets, sand banks and reefs.
In ancient days, many Chinese merchant ships struck the reefs and sank while sailing to Southeast Asia, India and Middle East, leaving treasures and cultural relics in the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence