Cultural relics found in South China Sea
Beijing: Twelve underwater cultural relics sites were discovered in South China Sea.
The sites near Xisha Islands contain ancient pottery and porcelain wares, copper coins and boat parts, Xinhua quoted the Hainan cultural heritage bureau as saying Sunday.
The Xisha Islands consist of a cluster of about 40 islets, sand banks and reefs.
In ancient days, many Chinese merchant ships struck the reefs and sank while sailing to Southeast Asia, India and Middle East, leaving treasures and cultural relics in the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs