Cyprus: Plane skids off runway, no one hurt
Larnaca: An airport spokesman says a Russian passenger jet carrying 287 passengers and crew skidded off the runway at Larnaca Airport in Cyprus after a tire blew out during landing. No one was hurt.
Adamos Aspris told a news agency that the incident occurred today when the Ilyushin Il-96 on Aeroflot flight 2070 arrived after a four-hour trip from Moscow and skidded onto an adjacent taxiway.
Cyprus is a popular destination for Russian tourists. The Cyprus Tourism Organization predicts a 50 per cent increase in Russian tourist arrivals this year, from nearly 335,000 Russian visitors in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued