Cyprus: Plane skids off runway, no one hurt
Larnaca: An airport spokesman says a Russian passenger jet carrying 287 passengers and crew skidded off the runway at Larnaca Airport in Cyprus after a tire blew out during landing. No one was hurt.
Adamos Aspris told a news agency that the incident occurred today when the Ilyushin Il-96 on Aeroflot flight 2070 arrived after a four-hour trip from Moscow and skidded onto an adjacent taxiway.
Cyprus is a popular destination for Russian tourists. The Cyprus Tourism Organization predicts a 50 per cent increase in Russian tourist arrivals this year, from nearly 335,000 Russian visitors in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report