Cyprus: Plane skids off runway, no one hurt
Larnaca: An airport spokesman says a Russian passenger jet carrying 287 passengers and crew skidded off the runway at Larnaca Airport in Cyprus after a tire blew out during landing. No one was hurt.
Adamos Aspris told a news agency that the incident occurred today when the Ilyushin Il-96 on Aeroflot flight 2070 arrived after a four-hour trip from Moscow and skidded onto an adjacent taxiway.
Cyprus is a popular destination for Russian tourists. The Cyprus Tourism Organization predicts a 50 per cent increase in Russian tourist arrivals this year, from nearly 335,000 Russian visitors in 2011.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?