Cyprus: Plane skids off runway, no one hurt
Larnaca: An airport spokesman says a Russian passenger jet carrying 287 passengers and crew skidded off the runway at Larnaca Airport in Cyprus after a tire blew out during landing. No one was hurt.
Adamos Aspris told a news agency that the incident occurred today when the Ilyushin Il-96 on Aeroflot flight 2070 arrived after a four-hour trip from Moscow and skidded onto an adjacent taxiway.
Cyprus is a popular destination for Russian tourists. The Cyprus Tourism Organization predicts a 50 per cent increase in Russian tourist arrivals this year, from nearly 335,000 Russian visitors in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'