Cyprus police seek vanished Russian spy suspect
Nicosia: A Cyprus police spokesman says authorities have stepped up their search for an alleged member of a Russian spy ring who vanished after skipping bail.
Michalis Katsounotos said on Thursday that police have "no indications yet" that 54-year-old Christopher Robert Metsos has left the island or crossed over into its breakaway northern Turkish sector, which is recognised by no country other than Turkey.
Metsos, who says he is Canadian, is wanted in the US on charges he supplied money to the spy ring that operated under deep cover in America`s suburbs. He was arrested on Tuesday in Cyprus as he tried to board a flight for Budapest, Hungary.
A Cypriot judge freed him on EUR 27,000 (USD 33,000) bail, but Metsos failed to show up on Wednesday for a required meeting with police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack