Czech fugitives held in Thailand
Bangkok: Thai immigration authorities on
Friday said they had arrested two fugitive bank robbers who had
been jailed for stealing more than USD4 million from a Czech
Josef Blazek, 32, and Rudolf Tesarek, 35, were both
sentenced to 12 years in prison for the raid in January 2008
but fled their native country during a temporary release from
The pair were arrested in Chon Buri in eastern
Thailand on May 13 following a tip off from Czech police,
which led Thai officers to tail Blazek`s pregnant girlfriend
when she entered the country.
"We knew that he was in Thailand but didn`t know
exactly where. His girlfriend led us to him," said Major
General Manu Mekmok, an investigator with immigration police.
Blazek and Tesarek originally entered Thailand last
August, police said.
Both men were charged with overstaying their visa,
which carries a maximum penalty of two years in prison, and
authorities plan to extradite them to the Czech Republic after
their trail in Thailand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her