`Czech govt to face confidence vote on August 7`
Prague: The Czech Parliament will hold a vote of confidence on August 07 in the new leftist Cabinet, formed by allies of President Milos Zeman, a parliamentary source said on Wednesday.
The government led by Prime Minister Jiri Rusnok so far lacks the support needed to win the vote.
Its fall would extend the central European country`s political crisis, which began after the previous centre-right Cabinet lost power in June. Prime Minister Petr Necas resigned when his close aide was charged with bribery and illegal spying.
Prolonged political instability could derail preparations for the 2014 budget, delay measures to tackle a nearly two-year recession and hurt the country`s reputation as a stable country with a firm grip on fiscal policy.
Zeman, elected in the country`s first direct Presidential Election in January, appointed Rusnok against the will of the main political parties, hoping he could play the right and left-leaning factions against each other to secure support for the Cabinet.
The far-left Communists have said they could support Rusnok, and the main leftist party, the Social Democrats, are undecided on whether to back the Cabinet.
But the three centre-right parties who formed the previous ruling coalition say they have 101 votes in the 200-seat lower house of Parliament, and demand that they have another chance to form a government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan