Czech mountaineer Zdenek Hruby dies in Pakistan`s Karakoram
Prague: Czech Mountaineering Federation head Zdenek Hruby has died while climbing Gasherbrum I, an 8,068-metre (26,469-foot) peak in the northern Pakistani Karakoram range, the federation said on its website on Saturday.
No further details were given as to the cause of death.
Hruby, 57, and his long-time climbing partner Marek Holecek, 38, were attempting the first ascent of the south-west face of the mountain.
Gasherbrum I, also known as Hidden Peak, is the world`s eleventh highest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi