Czech PM backs new US missile defence plan
Prague: The Czech Prime Minister has endorsed a revised US missile defence plan.
Jan Fischer says his country is "ready to participate" in the new plan, which focuses on short- and medium-range interceptors.
Fischer spoke on Friday after a meeting with US Vice President Joe Biden.
Biden said Washington would send a team of experts to Prague next month for discussions.
Last month, the Obama administration scrapped blueprints to base a missile defence shield in Eastern Europe designed to shoot down long-range missiles that might be fired from Iran or other nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard