Czech PM backs new US missile defence plan
Prague: The Czech Prime Minister has endorsed a revised US missile defence plan.
Jan Fischer says his country is "ready to participate" in the new plan, which focuses on short- and medium-range interceptors.
Fischer spoke on Friday after a meeting with US Vice President Joe Biden.
Biden said Washington would send a team of experts to Prague next month for discussions.
Last month, the Obama administration scrapped blueprints to base a missile defence shield in Eastern Europe designed to shoot down long-range missiles that might be fired from Iran or other nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand