Czech PM backs new US missile defence plan
Prague: The Czech Prime Minister has endorsed a revised US missile defence plan.
Jan Fischer says his country is "ready to participate" in the new plan, which focuses on short- and medium-range interceptors.
Fischer spoke on Friday after a meeting with US Vice President Joe Biden.
Biden said Washington would send a team of experts to Prague next month for discussions.
Last month, the Obama administration scrapped blueprints to base a missile defence shield in Eastern Europe designed to shoot down long-range missiles that might be fired from Iran or other nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections