Czech PM backs new US missile defence plan
Prague: The Czech Prime Minister has endorsed a revised US missile defence plan.
Jan Fischer says his country is "ready to participate" in the new plan, which focuses on short- and medium-range interceptors.
Fischer spoke on Friday after a meeting with US Vice President Joe Biden.
Biden said Washington would send a team of experts to Prague next month for discussions.
Last month, the Obama administration scrapped blueprints to base a missile defence shield in Eastern Europe designed to shoot down long-range missiles that might be fired from Iran or other nations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai