Czech police arrest Norway’s Breivik sympathiser
Prague: Police in the Czech Republic on August 10 arrested a man believed to be a sympathiser of Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian mass killer, according to reports in local media.
The 29-year-old man, living in the eastern city of Ostrava, has been arrested for building up a stash of weapons, explosives, a detonator and an automatic rifle at his home.
Furthermore, the man had used Breivik`s name in e-mail communication, Czech news agency CTK reported on Saturday. Police would not comment further on the apparent Breivik link.
"In a home search we`ve found computer equipment, weapons, ammunition and explosives," CTK quoted Ostrava criminal police head Radovan Vojta as saying.
Vojta said police bomb experts were examining the seized material.
The suspect, who was not identified, has been convicted five times in the past on explosives-related charges. On one occasion, he blew up explosives near a highway in Ostrava.
Right-wing extremist Breivik shot dead 69 people on a rampage at a youth camp at Utoya island, Norway, on July 22, 2011, after killing eight people in a bombing in Oslo.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump