Czech police arrest Norway’s Breivik sympathiser
Prague: Police in the Czech Republic on August 10 arrested a man believed to be a sympathiser of Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian mass killer, according to reports in local media.
The 29-year-old man, living in the eastern city of Ostrava, has been arrested for building up a stash of weapons, explosives, a detonator and an automatic rifle at his home.
Furthermore, the man had used Breivik`s name in e-mail communication, Czech news agency CTK reported on Saturday. Police would not comment further on the apparent Breivik link.
"In a home search we`ve found computer equipment, weapons, ammunition and explosives," CTK quoted Ostrava criminal police head Radovan Vojta as saying.
Vojta said police bomb experts were examining the seized material.
The suspect, who was not identified, has been convicted five times in the past on explosives-related charges. On one occasion, he blew up explosives near a highway in Ostrava.
Right-wing extremist Breivik shot dead 69 people on a rampage at a youth camp at Utoya island, Norway, on July 22, 2011, after killing eight people in a bombing in Oslo.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days