Czech President attacked with plastic gun
Prague: Officials say a man has attacked Czech President Vaclav Klaus with a plastic gun.
Presidential spokesman Radim Ochvat says Klaus was not injured in today`s incident in the northern town of Chrastava where he was opening a new bridge.
Police spokeswoman Stepanka Zatloukalova says the man opened fire at Klaus from close range with a plastic pistol that uses small plastic balls as bullets. A 26-year-old man has been arrested.
Zatloukalova had no more details immediately.
It is not clear why the President`s bodyguards did not intervene in time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning