Czech President satisfied with EU treaty proposal
Prague: Czech President Vaclav Klaus is satisfied with a solution worked out by current European Union leader Sweden to meet his demands for an opt-out from the bloc`s Lisbon Treaty, his office said on Friday.
Klaus is the last EU leader holding out on signing the treaty, which aims to streamline decision-making in the 27-member bloc.
"President Vaclav Klaus received a proposal from the Swedish EU presidency, in response to his request relating to the ratification of the Lisbon Treaty in the Czech Republic. This proposal corresponds to the President`s expectations and he can continue to work with it," his office said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials