Czech train collides with cows, killing 17
Prague: An official says a passenger train in eastern Czech Republic smashed into a herd of cattle, killing 17 of them. No people were injured.
Martin Drapal, spokesman for Czech Rail Safety Inspection, says the train heading from the town of Krnov to the city of Olomouc hit the animals two hours before midnight yesterday.
The damage to the train is estimated at about USD 5,000. Drapal said in a statement today that the train track had to be closed for almost five hours after the incident.
Trains in the country collide with animals from time to time but such a massive crash is exceptional. Authorities are investigating why the cows were on the track.
- Amazing! School of fish drinks milk from bottle like human babies – Watch
- Delhi wants permanent Odd-Even, finds survey
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports
- Notice being served on those named in Panama Papers: Arun Jaitley
- CBI begins probe into Harish Rawat sting CD case