Czechs may try children as young as 10 for murder
Prague: The Czech Republic`s justice
minister says she is working toward reducing the age at which
a person can be tried for murder to 10 years old.
Daniela Kovarova spoke today after meeting the mayor
of Kmetineves, a town northwest of Prague where a 13-year-old
boy raped and murdered a girl of the same age six years ago.
The attacker was released from a juvenile facility
this year. The town`s mayor initiated a petition demanding the
age of criminal responsibility be reduced, and more than
400,000 Czechs signed it.
The age is currently 15. Major parties in the country
agree it should be lowered. Kovarova said a committee would be
formed to draft legislation to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state