Czechs may try children as young as 10 for murder
Prague: The Czech Republic`s justice
minister says she is working toward reducing the age at which
a person can be tried for murder to 10 years old.
Daniela Kovarova spoke today after meeting the mayor
of Kmetineves, a town northwest of Prague where a 13-year-old
boy raped and murdered a girl of the same age six years ago.
The attacker was released from a juvenile facility
this year. The town`s mayor initiated a petition demanding the
age of criminal responsibility be reduced, and more than
400,000 Czechs signed it.
The age is currently 15. Major parties in the country
agree it should be lowered. Kovarova said a committee would be
formed to draft legislation to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part-II
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- UNBELIEVABLE! This visually-impaired Pakistani singer's voice will give you goosebumps - WATCH