Czechs may try children as young as 10 for murder
Prague: The Czech Republic`s justice
minister says she is working toward reducing the age at which
a person can be tried for murder to 10 years old.
Daniela Kovarova spoke today after meeting the mayor
of Kmetineves, a town northwest of Prague where a 13-year-old
boy raped and murdered a girl of the same age six years ago.
The attacker was released from a juvenile facility
this year. The town`s mayor initiated a petition demanding the
age of criminal responsibility be reduced, and more than
400,000 Czechs signed it.
The age is currently 15. Major parties in the country
agree it should be lowered. Kovarova said a committee would be
formed to draft legislation to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing