Dad was delighted to see Bush as US President: Osama`s son
London: Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden was "delighted" when George W Bush became the US President in 2001 as he wanted such a leader who would "break the country" by spending billions of dollars to fight the "war on terror", his fourth eldest son Omar bin Laden has claimed.
"My father was so happy. This is the kind of President he needs -- one who will attack and spend money and break the country. I am sure my father wanted McCain more than President Barack Obama. McCain has the same mentality as Bush. My father would be disappointed because Obama got the position," Omar told the `Rolling Stone` magazine.
However, Omar has also said that he respected former president Bill Clinton for his "smart" decisions to attack his father`s training camp with cruise missiles in retaliation for attacks on US interests in Africa.
"He didn`t get my father, but after all the war in Afghanistan, they still don`t have my father. They have spent hundreds of billions. Better for America to keep the money for its economy. In (Bill) Clinton`s time, America was very, very smart. Not like a bull that runs after the red scarf," `The Times` quoted him as telling the magazine in Syrian capital Damascus.
Omar has doubted that his father would order any more mass attacks like 9/11. "He doesn`t need to. As soon as America went to Afghanistan, his plan worked. He has already won. My father has a religious goal. He is controlled by the rules of jihad. He only kills if he thinks there is a need."
Omar has also warned that Osama is worth more to the United States alive than dead because his death could unleash "very, very nasty" attacks by militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda