Dalai Lama an internationally respected religious leader: US
Washington: Amid strong objection by China on the proposed visit of Dalai Lama to Taiwan, the United States has said that the Tibetan spiritual leader is an internationally respected religious leader.
"The Dalai Lama is an internationally respected religious leader who travels internationally on a regular basis," the Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs, PJ Crowley, said, when asked about the objection raised by China on the Dalai Lama’s visit to Taiwan.
"We do not think there would be any cause for any particular tension in the region," Crowley said responding to a question if his visit would create any tension in the region.
"We believe that the Dalai Lama is a respected figure and he travels regularly and we do not believe that this should result in increased tensions in the region," Crowley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years