Dalai Lama an internationally respected religious leader: US
Washington: Amid strong objection by China on the proposed visit of Dalai Lama to Taiwan, the United States has said that the Tibetan spiritual leader is an internationally respected religious leader.
"The Dalai Lama is an internationally respected religious leader who travels internationally on a regular basis," the Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs, PJ Crowley, said, when asked about the objection raised by China on the Dalai Lama’s visit to Taiwan.
"We do not think there would be any cause for any particular tension in the region," Crowley said responding to a question if his visit would create any tension in the region.
"We believe that the Dalai Lama is a respected figure and he travels regularly and we do not believe that this should result in increased tensions in the region," Crowley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan