Dalai Lama congratulates Australian PM-elect
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Monday congratulated Australian Prime Minister-elect Tony Abbot, wishing him success in meeting the challenges in leading Australia forward.
In a letter to Abbot, the Nobel Peace laureate said he has been struck by the warmth and friendship shown to him by Australians of all walks of life during his many visits to the country since 1982.
He said that he was encouraged by the enthusiasm of the Australian people he met towards his efforts to promote human values and inter-religious harmony, an official statement from his office here said.
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since fleeing his homeland in 1959. The Tibetan administration in exile is based in this north Indian hill town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims