Dalai Lama congratulates Australian PM-elect
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Monday congratulated Australian Prime Minister-elect Tony Abbot, wishing him success in meeting the challenges in leading Australia forward.
In a letter to Abbot, the Nobel Peace laureate said he has been struck by the warmth and friendship shown to him by Australians of all walks of life during his many visits to the country since 1982.
He said that he was encouraged by the enthusiasm of the Australian people he met towards his efforts to promote human values and inter-religious harmony, an official statement from his office here said.
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since fleeing his homeland in 1959. The Tibetan administration in exile is based in this north Indian hill town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read