Dalai Lama congratulates Australian PM-elect
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Monday congratulated Australian Prime Minister-elect Tony Abbot, wishing him success in meeting the challenges in leading Australia forward.
In a letter to Abbot, the Nobel Peace laureate said he has been struck by the warmth and friendship shown to him by Australians of all walks of life during his many visits to the country since 1982.
He said that he was encouraged by the enthusiasm of the Australian people he met towards his efforts to promote human values and inter-religious harmony, an official statement from his office here said.
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since fleeing his homeland in 1959. The Tibetan administration in exile is based in this north Indian hill town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back