Dalai Lama congratulates Kevin Rudd, Elbegdor
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Friday congratulated Kevin Rudd on resuming responsibility as the prime minister of Australia, and also complimented Tsakhiagiin Elbegdor on his re-election as president of Mongolia.
In a letter to Rudd, the Nobel laureate said he was touched by the affection and friendship shown to him by people of all walks of life from Australia during his recent visit there.
In his letter to Elbegdor, the Dalai Lama said: "Mongolia has made impressive progress and this advancement will become increasingly meaningful as it results in direct improvement in the lives of ordinary people."
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since 1959, when he fled his homeland after a failed uprising against the communist rule.
The Tibetan government-in-exile is based here, but is not recognised by any country
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured