Dalai Lama congratulates Kevin Rudd, Elbegdor
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Friday congratulated Kevin Rudd on resuming responsibility as the prime minister of Australia, and also complimented Tsakhiagiin Elbegdor on his re-election as president of Mongolia.
In a letter to Rudd, the Nobel laureate said he was touched by the affection and friendship shown to him by people of all walks of life from Australia during his recent visit there.
In his letter to Elbegdor, the Dalai Lama said: "Mongolia has made impressive progress and this advancement will become increasingly meaningful as it results in direct improvement in the lives of ordinary people."
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since 1959, when he fled his homeland after a failed uprising against the communist rule.
The Tibetan government-in-exile is based here, but is not recognised by any country
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS