Dalai Lama congratulates Kevin Rudd, Elbegdor
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Friday congratulated Kevin Rudd on resuming responsibility as the prime minister of Australia, and also complimented Tsakhiagiin Elbegdor on his re-election as president of Mongolia.
In a letter to Rudd, the Nobel laureate said he was touched by the affection and friendship shown to him by people of all walks of life from Australia during his recent visit there.
In his letter to Elbegdor, the Dalai Lama said: "Mongolia has made impressive progress and this advancement will become increasingly meaningful as it results in direct improvement in the lives of ordinary people."
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since 1959, when he fled his homeland after a failed uprising against the communist rule.
The Tibetan government-in-exile is based here, but is not recognised by any country
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened