Dalai Lama congratulates Kevin Rudd, Elbegdor
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Friday congratulated Kevin Rudd on resuming responsibility as the prime minister of Australia, and also complimented Tsakhiagiin Elbegdor on his re-election as president of Mongolia.
In a letter to Rudd, the Nobel laureate said he was touched by the affection and friendship shown to him by people of all walks of life from Australia during his recent visit there.
In his letter to Elbegdor, the Dalai Lama said: "Mongolia has made impressive progress and this advancement will become increasingly meaningful as it results in direct improvement in the lives of ordinary people."
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since 1959, when he fled his homeland after a failed uprising against the communist rule.
The Tibetan government-in-exile is based here, but is not recognised by any country
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department