Dalai Lama meets British girl with brain tumour
London: The Dalai Lama has met a terminally-ill British girl suffering from brain tumour.
Maya Skippen, 11, met the 76-year-old Tibetan spiritual leader after her shoe-shiner father Steven told a client of his daughter`s illness.
The customer was from the John Templeton Foundation -- a US charity that arranged the Dalai Lama`s visit to Britain last week, The Sun reported.
Steven and Maya were invited to meet the Buddhist leader at St Paul`s Cathedral in London, where he performed a blessing and prayed for her.
"Meeting the Dalai Lama has boosted Maya`s confidence. It`s great to see. It was a surreal but captivating day," said Steven.
Maya, a resident of Essex, has battled a rare brain tumour for six years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre