Dalai Lama reschedules Slovenia visit, limits scope
Ljbuljana (Slovenia): The Dalai Lama will
pay a three-day visit to Slovenia`s second city from April 5
but he is not due to meet government officials nor will he
travel to the capital Ljubljana, organisers said on Tuesday.
The Tibetan spiritual leader had originally been expected
to visit Slovenia between April 12-14 and had scheduled a trip
But municipal authorities in Maribor, the country`s
second-largest city which lies on the border with Austria,
said that the visit had been brought forward a week and would
now be limited to meetings with the city`s mayor, Franc
Kangler, and students.
The Dalai Lama was invited by Maribor University, the
city`s authorities and a secondary school to give a lecture to
young people on humanitarian issues.
The Tibetan leader visited Slovenia in 2002, when he met
unofficially with several high-ranking Slovenian politicians.
China repeatedly presses other countries to distance
themselves from the Dalai Lama, claiming that Tibet is an
integral part of the country and that any meeting with him
constitutes interference in its internal affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says