Danes could transport Syria`s chemical weapons
Copenhagen: Denmark says it is willing to help take chemical weapons out of Syria by sea.
Defence Minister Nikolai Wammen says the United Nations has unofficially asked whether Denmark could contribute ships to transport the weapons from Syria for destruction.
Foreign Aid Minister Christian Friis Bach says there are no plans for the weapons to be destroyed in Denmark.
Wammen says it is too early to put a number of how many Danish ships and personnel would be involved.
Both spoke today after a meeting of Parliament`s all-party Foreign Policy Committee. Wammen said the governing coalition received support there but a formal vote in the Danish Parliament is expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming