Danes could transport Syria`s chemical weapons
Copenhagen: Denmark says it is willing to help take chemical weapons out of Syria by sea.
Defence Minister Nikolai Wammen says the United Nations has unofficially asked whether Denmark could contribute ships to transport the weapons from Syria for destruction.
Foreign Aid Minister Christian Friis Bach says there are no plans for the weapons to be destroyed in Denmark.
Wammen says it is too early to put a number of how many Danish ships and personnel would be involved.
Both spoke today after a meeting of Parliament`s all-party Foreign Policy Committee. Wammen said the governing coalition received support there but a formal vote in the Danish Parliament is expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India