Danes could transport Syria`s chemical weapons
Copenhagen: Denmark says it is willing to help take chemical weapons out of Syria by sea.
Defence Minister Nikolai Wammen says the United Nations has unofficially asked whether Denmark could contribute ships to transport the weapons from Syria for destruction.
Foreign Aid Minister Christian Friis Bach says there are no plans for the weapons to be destroyed in Denmark.
Wammen says it is too early to put a number of how many Danish ships and personnel would be involved.
Both spoke today after a meeting of Parliament`s all-party Foreign Policy Committee. Wammen said the governing coalition received support there but a formal vote in the Danish Parliament is expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III