‘Dark Knight’ killer made threats before massacre
Colorado: James Holmes, who allegedly killed 12 people during the screening of ``The Dark Knight Rises`` at a movie hall in Colorado, United States, had been banned from his college after making threats and failing a key exam six weeks before the shooting rampage.
The new claims against Holmes emerged as part of efforts to convince a judge to allow the prosecution access to 100 pages of education records subpoenaed from the University of Colorado, Denver, where he had been a neuroscience doctoral candidate.
According to Fox News, Chief Deputy District Attorney Karen Pearson did not elaborate on the nature of the threats during the hearing, nor did she disclose where the information came from.
Pearson told the court that professors had urged Holmes to get into another profession and said his lab work had been deteriorating.
Prosecutors are seeking Holmes` university application, his grades, course schedules, emails concerning Holmes, and anything concerning his termination or withdrawal from the school.
According to the report, University spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery, who did not go to the court hearing, disputed the prosecution`s characterisation, but said Holmes` access to restricted areas was cancelled because he left his graduate program in June.
Holmes is accused of killing 12 people and wounding 58 others in the July 20 shooting during a midnight showing of the latest Batman movie at a movie hall in Denver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured