`Dark Knight’ shooting: Holmes shifted to psychiatric ward for ‘self-inflicted injuries’
New York: James Holmes, who allegedly killed 12 people during the screening of ``The Dark Knight Rises`` at a movie hall in Colorado, United States, has been shifted from jail to the psychiatric ward of a hospital in November because he was considered a danger to himself.
According to a court document, Holmes was taken to Denver Health Medical Center on Nov 15 because he was "in immediate need of a psychiatric evaluation."
It said he was held there for several days, the New York Daily News reports.
The document also described an earlier incident in which Holmes was hospitalized for "potential self-inflicted head injuries in his cell.”
According to the paper, the revelations heighten expectations that Holmes would plead not guilty by reason of insanity on Tuesday.
If he were found not guilty by reason of insanity, he would avoid prison or execution, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state