`Dark Knight’ shooting: Holmes shifted to psychiatric ward for ‘self-inflicted injuries’
New York: James Holmes, who allegedly killed 12 people during the screening of ``The Dark Knight Rises`` at a movie hall in Colorado, United States, has been shifted from jail to the psychiatric ward of a hospital in November because he was considered a danger to himself.
According to a court document, Holmes was taken to Denver Health Medical Center on Nov 15 because he was "in immediate need of a psychiatric evaluation."
It said he was held there for several days, the New York Daily News reports.
The document also described an earlier incident in which Holmes was hospitalized for "potential self-inflicted head injuries in his cell.”
According to the paper, the revelations heighten expectations that Holmes would plead not guilty by reason of insanity on Tuesday.
If he were found not guilty by reason of insanity, he would avoid prison or execution, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Delhi wakes to cool morning after rain, thunderstorm bring down mercury
- Days after Rishi Kapoor's 'baap ka maal' tweet against Gandhi family, Congress workers 'name' public toilet after him
- Uttarakhand sting CD controversy: CM Harish Rawat appears before CBI
- Corruption scandal throws Brazil`s interim government into disarray