`Dark Knight’ shooting: Holmes shifted to psychiatric ward for ‘self-inflicted injuries’
New York: James Holmes, who allegedly killed 12 people during the screening of ``The Dark Knight Rises`` at a movie hall in Colorado, United States, has been shifted from jail to the psychiatric ward of a hospital in November because he was considered a danger to himself.
According to a court document, Holmes was taken to Denver Health Medical Center on Nov 15 because he was "in immediate need of a psychiatric evaluation."
It said he was held there for several days, the New York Daily News reports.
The document also described an earlier incident in which Holmes was hospitalized for "potential self-inflicted head injuries in his cell.”
According to the paper, the revelations heighten expectations that Holmes would plead not guilty by reason of insanity on Tuesday.
If he were found not guilty by reason of insanity, he would avoid prison or execution, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka