Daughter beating Texan judge suspended from work
Washington: A US judge, who was captured on
a video belting his teenage daughter in a row over use of
computer that triggered a public outrage, has been suspended
by the state Supreme Court.
Judge William Adams of Arnasas County was suspended from
duty by the Texan Supreme Court after a seven-minute video
filmed by his then 16-year-old daughter in 2004, went viral on
the Internet and was viewed millions of times since she posted
it online last month.
The court said in a statement that the judge stood
suspended with full pay till investigations were completed.
Hillary Adams, the daughter who is seen in the video,
told ABC News that she secretly recorded the beating seven
years ago and uploaded it to YouTube.
The video was then posted on a link-sharing website where
it racked up millions of views and incited anger among
viewers. In the graphic video judge Adams was seen beating his
daughter with a belt and cursing at her.
"No, in my mind I haven`t done anything wrong other than
discipline my child after she was caught stealing. And I did
lose my temper, but I?ve since apologised," Judge Adams said
after the video went viral on the Internet.
Both Hillary and Adams have said the beating took place
as punishment for then-16-year-old Hillary illegally
downloading from the Internet.
She said the beatings were a regular part of her life
during those years, but she did not publish the video until
now because she feared it would incite more violence.
The State Commission on Judicial Conduct had announced in
November 2 that it has opened an investigation.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on